Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Frantic Family


The schoolteacher of my fourth-grade son paid my wife an amazing compliment today. She said, "You know what I really admire about you and your family? You're not one of those overscheduled, hurried families who involve their kids in every single activity."


While it felt good to get this kind of feedback, she had to give a lot of credit to a book, "3 Big Questions for the Frantic Family." It helped us define what makes our family unique, the most important thing we have to accomplish together as a family, and how we are going to keep communicating these priorities. Has really helped us avoid the "well, everyone else is doing (fill in the blank activity), so I guess we should too." We led a small group at our church based on this book, and I know it helped many other families as well.
Pat discusses the book in Success Magazine: http://www.successmagazine.com/dynamic-family/PARAMS/article/665

No comments:

Post a Comment